Tuesday 18 October 2011

Learning Curves - What I've Learnt From The Pre-Production and Filiming Stage

Having started off a little annoyed and distressed by the lack of diversity of the track options for our music video it was evident that setting aside opinions would be crucial for us all to work effectively as a group and produce a well shot and edited video that would comply to the Goodwins Points of Analysis.
Having done both film and media at AS level I was more than familiar with story-boarding, creating shotlists and health + safetey evaluations, as a group we worked well to create a storyboard that would be the foundations of our video and parallel to this I took it upon myself to step back from my usual control-freak nature and derive the lyrics to the JLS track we have chosen.
The next stage of the process was the hardest for me. Pre filming went smoothly. Howver, having unexpectedly fallen out with the majority of the group for reasons i'm still slightly confused about, stepping back was the right thing to do when stumbling across a situation which was beyond my control for the benefit of the group to prevent further complications or falling outs, which is why my presence is missing from the first filming day. Learining to effectively communicate with each other is definately something i think the whole group has taken away from the process so far from the situation. For myself setting aside differences and getting on with filming is another area i have learnt to deal with while taking part in the second day of filming rather than switching off which is what my response would usually have been.
Hopefully editing will flow much more smoothly.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 13T2-38 Music Video 2011. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz